Happy birthday to the Client Experience Maturity Benchmark
One year ago, everything changed.
A group of us, including representatives from 10 asset management companies, met over lunch to discuss research that indicated an industry-wide issue with client experience (CX).
Despite the restaurant failing us on food (the irony of which was not lost on our merry band of CX professionals), after 2.5 hours of discussion, we were hungry for more than just a sandwich.
“We need to do this regularly”
“And we need data”
And that was it. That was the moment everything changed at www.accomplish.world
One year later, we are an information services company that helps asset managers stand-out through the experience they give their clients.
Whereas consulting was previously our core capability, it is now just one-fifth of what we do. And, as the chair of the CX Forum, we mostly use these skills to unearth industry-level insights for our members through what we call ‘consulting-as-a-shared-service’
Our benchmarking has grown to cover 19 firms
In collaboration with key CX professionals, we have developed a common language of CX and a set of definitions of what good looks like.
Through the Client Experience Maturity Benchmark, we have created a unique dataset that helps our clients baseline their CX transformations, pinpoint where to focus their efforts, and how.
We have assessed the short- and long-term impacts of Covid-19 on CX in our industry and explored the relationship between CX maturity and the effect remote working has had on asset managers.
And, lastly, the CX Forum has become a community:
- We have helped firms align on the importance of CX and enabled them to set informed CX objectives
- We have built a members’ area that places key resources at people’s fingertips.
- Our members have made connections, developed relationships, and helped each other bridge gaps in their firms
There’s so much more we want to do
At Accomplish, our long-term objective is to help asset managers stand-out through the experience they give their clients. To maintain the resources and capabilities they need from us, we run three sprints each year, with the next always building off the last.
In case you would like to get involved in any of the upcoming initiatives, here are our goals for the August to November sprint:
- To see if we can design a CX benchmark that measures how aligned asset managers are with what their clients want
- To discover the most effective client segmentation criteria, how firms differentiate across their client journeys, and how they balance customisation and standardisation.
- To deepen and refresh the Client Experience Maturity Benchmark